Serves 6-8; 30 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 oz dry ditalini pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- When beef is almost cooked through, add onions, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, 1/2 cup water, canned tomatoes, sugar, oregano, and thyme. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer 5 minutes, stir in ditalini pasta, and continue cooking until vegetables are soft and pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes more.
- Add beans, season to taste with salt and pepper, and thin with more water, if desired.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy & 12 Tomatoes
Sharing the recipe is simple, click the f button below to share it with your friends. To print the recipe please click the green printer icon.